Monday, May 18, 2009

Why don't I have any clothes that fit?

OK - yes - shallow post, but here we go.

I am headed to LA next week for a conference and then to my cousins wedding. So, I pulled out several dressy dresses from the back of my closet assuming that one or more of them would still fit me. I don't wear these on a regular basis, but clearly I need them from time to time. So, I tried them on.

I weigh the same as I did 10 years ago give or take 5 pounds. I haven't grown taller or shorter. I'm pretty much the same, so they should fit . . . right?

The answer is no. They do not fit. At all. Not at all. In fact, I can zip every one of them up past the hips, past the waist, and then I hit the bust area it's all over. It's: Are you kidding me, could I ever actually wear these comfortably ever?

What is that about? Mid-40's equals crazy shifts in body fat . . . Really . . . I am not happy with that. And I need a nice dress for the conference and the wedding. Not sure what to do that information and no time for shopping. So, here's my shallow post.

If you want to see something serious, look at the last one about school uniforms. Incidentally, if I had to wear school uniforms, I would have grown out of mine from the last year and my parents would be buying me a whole new set right now. Which is another reason why that idea is a bad one. (OK, I continue to be snarky on the subject)

No comments: